Monday, April 9, 2012

I'm Vegan..ish

This one's for the veggies out there! I am a fan of greek yogurt and raw milk but there is none of that found here. I abandoned all animal products to make my version of zucchini bread. Now, it's really carrot bread because I had no zucchini. Plus, carrots are high in Beta-carotene! (That's how I got my red hair, tehehe.) SO, I baked up a classic with a little spin. No oil, no dairy, but a whole lotta love. Cliche? Yeah but who cares?
Better-Carrotene Bread (get it?)
3 T flax meal mixed with 1/2 C plus 1 T water (this replaces the eggs)
1 C applesauce, no sugar added (replaces oil)
2 C grated, organic with the peel, carrots (about 6)
3/4 C stevia or sugar in the raw
1 C ww flour
1C organic, unbleach all purpose flour
1C oats
1 T cinnamon
1 t Baking Soda
1 t salt
1 t vanilla
1/3 c chopped pecans
1/2 c dried cranberries
1. Oven @ 350
2. In a large bowl whisk togeth flours, oats, cinn, soda, and salt.
3. In a med bowl mix togeth the rest of the ingredients besides the cranberries and pecans. Once combined add the wet ingredients to the dry then fold in cranberries and pecans.
4. Line a 9x13 inch baking pan with parchment. Spread the batter into the pan, it will be thick.
5. Bake for 20-25 min or until set. Enjoy!

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment