Friday, June 21, 2013

Kale Me Now

First off, don't pass out because I have blogged two days in a row. Second, lets chat about kale. Kale is a superfood which I am sure you have heard. It is packed with Vitamins A, C and K and your body will smile when you eat it. I know this, my body smiles.. and I am not very bendy so that is saying a lot.

Anywho, ADD girl is back. The thing that normally stops people from consuming kale is that it's green. That shouldn't stop you that should encourage you!! The darker the green the better! Plus, it tastes good. I promise you. You can juice kale, sauté it, grill it, cream it and bake it. I'm sure there are more uses but "Ain't nobody got time for that."

I bake my kale.. as well as other things. HOLY KALE JUST KIDDING. I like to refer to myself as a "grass-free" hippie. Anyways, baked kale is absolutely lovely and is also known as kale chips! I am a chips and guac lover so using kale chips to dip instead not only boots the nutrients but also the flavor! I spiced up kale to make it a delectable snack as well as dipper. Enjoy my lovers.

Hawt n' Zesty Kale Chips
Oven @ 325
2 cups baby kale or destemmed curly kale (this works best)
1 T coconut oil, melted
Squeeze of Sriracha
Juice of 1/2 a lime

1. In a big bowl mix together all ingredients then spread out in an even layer on a cookie sheet.
2. Bake 15-20 minutes or until crispy!



No comments:

Post a Comment