Sunday, June 3, 2012

day four and five

Yesterday was day 4 of my Back to the Start challenge. And seriously, it was a challenge. I was visiting family at the lake and my family loves their food. Don't get me wrong, they are fantastic, but not everything was "whollygirl" approved. Shoot! That sounds so way snooty, so lets just say there weren't the healthiest of choices. I did my best, scarfing my face with salad and corn on the cob for dinner. Everything was a-okay until about 10:30. Everyone was socializing around 3 bags of Oreo's. Now, I just had my first Oreo on May 3rd. It was lovely, I only ate one because I knew if I continued I would eat the whole bag. So last night my family was trying to convince me that Oreo's were organic and that I should loosen up a bit because I was at the lake. Well I did not give into this Oreo madness, or the snickers showdown around midnight either. I thought that would be the toughest part until this morning. I ate my raw breakfast of pecans and a banana that I brought with me. Then lunch came about. Burgers and hot dogs. Let's just say I ate some more nuts, a tomato, then decided it was time to come home.

I see these past few days as probably the toughest I will encounter. Not because I don't trust myself around processed foods, but because that was the only thing available. It was so, so tough to say no to food that I normally don't eat anyway but in that situation I wouldn't have had a problem with eating an Oreo or a burger. But I whipped up some quinoa hash as soon as I got home and was a happy camper!

So much about me rambling on about my life, is anyone doing the Back to the Start Challenge? :) Thanks for listening! Also, (I promise I will stop after this) I am adding a rule.

Rule 5: Drink at least 2 full Nalgenes of water a day.
That is all. <3 whollygirl

No comments:

Post a Comment