Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Oh, sweetness.

The art of blogging (or my lack of blogging) is a way for people to express themselves and a way for readers to get "into" others lives without being nosy. I truly do love writing and telling stories through food. Today I'm getting a little sweet on you by sharing a recipe I wrote with the help of a fantastic company I happen to intern for. MADE Drinks is an organic, vegan, gluten-free, and bottled BPA-free, drinks company. They (like real people) make green teas and lemonades that are 100% to die for. I swear I'm not just saying that because I'm a little partial, but because it's the truth. So enough of my proud-parent bragging, on to the recipe. With summer in full heat and you always searching for a new recipe to take to a cookout, I thought of a simple favorite MADE (haha, get it?) better. With a lightened up crust and lets face it, a delectable middle these lemon bars will knock your socks off. Now, moderation is key because it's damn tough to make a healthy lemon bar. Sometimes you do have to splurge... sometimes.

LemonMADE Bars
Crust:
1/2 c ww flour
1/2 c orgainc ap flour
1/4 c coconut oil, melted
1/3 c cane sugar

Filling:
4 eggs
1/2 c cane sugar
3 T flour
1 T lemon zest
2/3 c MADE Lemonade (use any variety you like)
1/3 c lemon juice

Oven @ 350
1. Combine crust ingredients by hand or in a food processor. Press into a non-stick or greased 8x8 pan. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
2. In the jolly 'ole mean time, whisk togeth the eggs, sug, and flour. Then mix in the remaining ingredients.
3. Pour over the hot crust and bake for 20 more minutes. DO NOT OVER-BAKE!!! The bars will continue to set while cooling. Dust with powdered sug if you wish :)

Love always (even though I go "awol" often),
Whollygirl :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment