Thursday, November 17, 2011

saweeeet potatoes!!

Okay, so I am very in love with the sweet potato. SP's are super high in beta carotene, which can help raise our blood levels of vitamin A! There are just so many good things about this lovely potato.. but to get all the benefits of the beta carotene levels you want to have fat with/in your SP. I'm not talking about a bagful of cheese and a stick of butter, but a tablespoon or so of coconut oil will do the trick. Since thanksgiving is in a week I have been thinking of ideas for a healthier sweet potato recipe. I love marshmallow topped gooey potatoes but a lighter version will do! What if I did grade B maple potatoes with homemade mallows or a homemade meringue sweetened with agave? Let me know what you think and if you have any ideas. blogging soon... whollygirl:)

No comments:

Post a Comment