Thursday, November 24, 2011

Tater Loveee

Thanksgiving is def one of my favorite holidays. All of the food just makes my mouth water! It seems like we count our calories and fat for days just to save up for our plate full of love. Even though I love all the rich foods I dont love the foodbaby that comes along with it! But for one day, that's kind of okay;) But my all time favorite thanksgiving food is sweet potatoes! I've messed around with different variations for the perfect candied yams and I finally came up with one that is the perfect mix of sweet and still has that natural sweet tater taste. I roasted sweet potatoes with real grade B maple syrup and coconut oil, and everyone loved them! You can't even tell the difference..
Roasted Sweet Taters
5-6 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1inch pieces
2 T coconut oil
1/2 c real maple syrup (i use grade B but grade A is alright too)
squeeze of lemon
sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon
s&p to taste
1. Toss all ingredients together in a large bowl and make sure that everything gets coated. Then pour into a 13x9 pan.
2. Roast, covered, in a 400 oven for 20 min. Then, remove cover and roast for another hour. Stir every 20 min.

No comments:

Post a Comment